Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Thief on the Cross

Hi Friends,

I'll be posting some activities to help you renew your wonder for Easter. Here's the first:

TRY THIS: Read Luke 23:32-43. Imagine what it would have been like to be crucified with Jesus. What would you see? What you hear? What would you smell? Imagine the sense of fear, pain, and hopelessness. Then, imagine what Jesus' resurrection meant to the thief who asked for mercy. What does that hope mean for you, specifically?

The Thief

Luke 23:35-43


Hung upon a cross to die

Was just what I deserved.

A thief was I, a scoundrel.

No plea had I reserved.

But Him, on the other hand,

Who hung there at my side,

He had not killed nor stolen,

He had not even lied.

Why hung He there, so sadly,

Amid the mocks and jeers,

Mutt'ring not a single word

Among His silent tears?

"Save yourself," they screamed at Him.

"And us," my partner cried.

He just turned and looked at me

And quietly He sighed.

Suddenly I spoke my heart,

My sins began to flee.

"When you get to your kingdom,

Jesus, remember me."


What does it mean for you to be remembered by Jesus? How does it make a difference in your life TODAY? Take a moment to thank God for remembering YOU when He was on the cross.

0 comments: