No, I'm not talking about roofing shingles, but Bryan wouldn't let me post a picture of his swollen up pox-y face for fear that it would scare you all and you would run away screaming. Sooo, we'll leave the real shingles up to your imagination.
Meanwhile, since Bryan came down with a yucky case of shingles (which is a resurgence of the chicken pox virus in his system) last week, I thought I would share a few lessons learned from these past days of pain, worry, and doctor appointments:
Five life lessons from dealing with shingles:
1) Life is not supposed to be easy. That's what heaven is for.
2) Everything (yes, even shingles) can be used by God to draw us closer to Him and make us more like Jesus. Look for God even (especially?!) in the hard times of life. Be molded and changed by Him.
3) Trusting God is much harder when the first you do is run to the internet and find out the very worst thing that can happen to you. It's like trying to have faith with someone screaming "you're gonna die, diiiiiiiiiiiiie"(or in the case, go blind). Instead, pray first (for wisdom, insight, strength, and a Godly perspective...as well as healing), press into God, get centered on Him, and only then tackle the internet! (learned the hard way, sigh)
4) Do not get up at 6:30 in the morning and start practicing piano (loudly) right outside a sick person's door, especially when no one else is awake. (Lesson learned by Bria this morning.)
5) Caring friends are a gift from God. Knowing others are standing with you makes walking a bumpy (literally, in this case!) path so much better. (Thank you to everyone who's been praying for us! We so appreciate you!!)