Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fun News for the Week . . .

Hi Friends,

Got some fun news for you this week (in case you haven't heard already) - yay! So here ya go:

1) Shades of Morning was named a finalist in the inspirational category for the big RITA award (from Romance Writers of America). I was soooo excited to get the call telling me my book had made the finalist list. Whoo Hoo! Here's a list of all the finalists: http://bit.ly/gCoTb3


2) My article on "Infertility: Can Your Marriage Survive?" is up on Kyria/Marriage Partnership this week (Christianity Today, Inc.). You can find it here: http://bit.ly/hrTWzb Yippee! Check it out!

3) If you didn't see my books on CSI, below is the link where you can see the episode online on the CBS site. Go to the 6:24-6:30 mark and watch for the books on the shelf (I think they'll make you watch a couple commercials beforehand, though). Nick reaches between 3 of my books (Veil of Fire, Cry Freedom, and Only the Wind Remembers) to retrieve the all important notebook. Some have asked how my books ended up there. Well... my cousin has a prop company in Hollywood, so my books are available for shows. The exciting thing, though, is that the set designer actually chose them and placed them so prominently in the shot. FUN! Here's the link: http://bit.ly/gOXeon

And last but not least, I thought I'd share a Poem to Ponder this week ... just a little something I wrote to help reflect on God's glory and wonder ... in hopes that it will help you be filled with His wonder and emptied of any fear. Here ya go:

GLORY
Glory.
His glory flames through my soul,
Illuminates my night,
The blazing dawn of glory
Of God who is my light.
Glory.
His glory like the fiery sun
Sears my soul with joy.
My vision fills with wonder
No fear may dare destroy.
Glory.

1 comments:

{amy} said...

How exciting to have our books on CSI! I saw the episode but didn't notice the books. I'll have to check it out again!