Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Thursday, November 3, 2022

When You're a Muddy Mess

Hey all,

We brought our white horses, Blizzard and Flint, into Carr Lake Community Day School (an alternative ed school for kids who have been expelled from other schools) today. We had a great time talking about the stories of these rescue horses and and trouble with having white horses in winter (wow, they get dirty!). Here's an excerpt, and a take-away for us all:



            I, too, often become a muddy mess when confronted with the storms of life. When the rain beats down hard and creates so much muck and mud that I not only find myself standing in it, but I also wallow it. And sometimes it stains me dark brown and nasty green.

            Sometimes I am not who I was created to be, not anymore. But God do isn't leave me that way. Like me with my horses, God gets out the brushes and hose and delights to make me clean and whole again.

             So when we look at ourselves and say, “Girl (or boy), you’re a muddy mess!” it’s good to remember that our God sees beneath the dirt and stains. He loves us enough to make us clean and beautiful again, no matter how many times we roll in the muck.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. A nice reminder whenever I look at my white pup, Pico.

Marlo Schalesky said...

Thank you!