Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Poems and Prayers ... to Encourage You Today


Hi Friends,

Here's something a little different from me. Some poems and prayers to encourage you on your journey with Jesus today...




GLORY

 

Glory.

His glory flames 

Through my soul,

Illuminates my night,

The blazing dawn of glory

Of God who is my light.

Glory.

His glory like the fiery sun

Sears my soul with joy.

My vision fills with wonder

No fear may dare destroy.

Glory.


The Moth


As a moth is drawn to light,

So am I drawn to You, my God.

Though the darkness presses in around me,

And my wings have wearied in the night,

Though I beat against unrelenting glass,

Still my heart longs for Your light.

I will keep flying, fluttering, straining

To be closer, closer, closer yet

To You, my desire, my life, my love,

Closer to Jesus, my Light.



The Greatest of These


When hope lies in tattered ruins

And faith is on its knees,

God's love embraces me

Until the darkness flees.

0 comments: