Well, this is the kind of week it's been (see picture of Bria -- ha ha, yes it's for real!). It's been a little crazy, a little wild, a little wide-eyed and scary. But a lot of wind of the Spirit too.
So here are ten tips I've used this week for my "hairy" times:
1) Take a moment to breathe. Really breathe. Take another moment.
2) Let God arrange and maintain my schedule, and trust Him to do it right.
3) Take a walk alongside the beach on the busiest day of all. Feel the sun and ocean breeze. Breathe again.
4) Laugh more, stress less … even if it's really not that funny.
5) Ponder an odd scripture verse (For me this week: Grain must be ground to make bread; so one does not go on threshing it forever. --Isaiah 28:28)
6) Eat your favorite food (i.e., Maui Zaui pizza from Round Table).
7) Ask for help. Keep asking until you get some.
8) Engage fully in what you're doing at the moment and don't worry about the other 19 things on your to-do list for the day … at least not right now.
9) Find a picture that makes you giggle (see photo above).
10) Be kind to others, especially the most annoying ones.
And those are ten tips to help tame a hair-raising week!