Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Quotes to Live By

Hi Friends,

So, yes, I overdid it yesterday.  Alas!  Tried to squeeze too much into one day (and this is not the first time I've done that . . .).  Got up early to shower and make sure I didn't put on deodorant or lotion for my yearly mammo (oh joy. ;-/), then finished a script for a Easter drama for our big all-church kids event for Easter (ooooo, that's going to be so fun!), then had a meeting with our church's outreach director (fabulous lady!) to talk about the kids' Easter outreach events we're doing at 3 apartment complexes next month (those are going to be awesome too -- we are probably going to have the chance to share Jesus with around 150 or more kids in our community, plus do fun crafts, games, etc.  How amazing is that?!). Then talked to our church preschool coordinator (another fantastic lady!) about the Easter all-kids event and other kids-ministry related stuff, then took Bethany to FIX, recruited for the Easter drama, took Joelle to dinner and yogurt, took her to FIX, recruited more, went to Zumba (ouch, my knees!! gotta do something about that!), back to pick up at FIX and talk to a bunch of kids about a bunch of stuff, take a friend home, stop at Subway (really, Bethany?!!?), home, take care of a bunch of paperwork, finally fall in bed after 10:30pm.

Makes me tired just reading all that!  So, no wonder I'm feeling a bit "off" today and needing some recuperation time.  Do you ever do too much and need some time to get your feet back under you?  What helps you?  For me, I am today reminding myself of the four quotes I keep on "stickies" on my computer.  Here they are:

1) Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.  --Psalm 116:7 (sent by my friend Ethel Herr, who has since found  her real and everlasting rest in heaven!)

2) I want and I choose that which leads to God’s life deepening in me.   --Ignatius of Loyola (sent by my friend, Diane Pate, who understands how I am)

3) Remember … YOU ARE ALLOWED TO CHOOSE LIFE !!! (sent to me by the wiser me!)

4)  For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 

so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in knowledge of God;

strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience, joyously 

giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Colossians 1:9-12
(sent to me recently by my friend, Patricia Schooley, who "gets it")

Okay, off I go to have some rest … while watching Thing One and Thing Two (otherwise known as Jayden and Jordyn), and meditating on these words of life from friends.


3 comments:

Jensie said...

Always inspiring. I have too many of those days and prayer and patience are always something to start with.

Marlo Schalesky said...

Thanks, Jensie! Prayer and patience are a great place to start. :-)

Jessie Gunderson said...

Yes, I can be such an overachiever. I liked #2 best. :)