Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Life Lessons from a Baby -- Happy Birthday, Jordyn (age 3)

Hi Friends,

Well, yesterday was Jordyn's birthday.  She's now a three-year-old!  We had a fun day of going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium where we saw the penguins, the jellyfish, the big tank full of fish, touched some sea urchins, held some hermit crabs, and watched as the sardines swarmed to their food.  Jordyn was mesmerized by the wonder and beauty of God's creation in the seas.

Wow, we really do have an amazing creator-God!

And while we were celebrating Jordyn's third birthday, I was reminded of a few of the things she taught me when she was first born.  I thought I'd share her new baby lessons again today.

So, here ya go:
New baby lessons:

1) It's easiest to rest when you're tucked into the arms of someone who loves you. May I remember that I am tucked in the arms of God today, he loves me, I am not alone. What can be better than that?

2) (during her first real bath): Becoming clean can be scary, so it's important to trust the One doing the washing, even when the waters splash up around you. May I relax and trust God to make me clean, even when circumstances seem scary or new!

3) It's easier to be changed if you're not thrashing about fighting the procedure. So, next time I've made a mess and God wants to change me, may I remember to be still and know that He's God.

4) After Baby had gas one night. What I learned: It's hard to take in the good stuff you need (wisdom, God's Word, peace, love) when you're full of hot air. :-)

5) Being hungry makes you cranky. So, when I'm anxious or irritable, perhaps I'm really just hungry for more of God. May I turn to Him to fill me!

6) When you know you're loved, you can take a lot more poking and prodding (baby puts up with A LOT from her big brother who just adores her -- note: this one hasn't changed in 3 years). So, how is God prodding you lately? Remember, it's because He loves and adores you!

7) When you're feeling well fed, you can put up with a lot. Make sure you're taking in plenty of God's Word and wisdom because life rarely goes as planned! (Learned while filling baby Jordyn up with milk at the urgent care while finding out that Bethany's wrist was broken.)

8) Life lesson from baby delivery: Be wise and be ready because you don't really know how much time you have (learned after dilly-dallying at home and getting to the hospital only 45 minutes before baby was born).

0 comments: