Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Encountering Christ TODAY

Hi Friends,

First, I pause to remember God's graciousness and comfort a dozen years ago when the United States was attacked by evil.  And I ponder Paul's words in light of such attacks . . .


10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm . . .
--Ephesians 6

In all your struggles against evil, may you stand!

Meanwhile . . .
Whew, crazy busy week this week with the "we love your manuscript, here's stuff to change" letter coming in from my publisher/editor, a couple articles to write, and also a couple new ministry opportunities.  God is on the move!

So, in the face of sin, evil, sorrow ... and hope, busyness, and opportunity, I've been thinking about the healing of the paralytic in Mark 2:1-12.  He too had seen evil and now was faced with opportunity.  I wonder if he felt something like this:


COULD IT BE HE?
based on Mark 2:1-12, the healing of the paralytic

Never before have I seen
Never in all my life
A man with His mastery
Over sin, death, and strife.
"Your sins are forgiven you,"
He said with hand upraised,
Then healed the man before me.
"Praise God," I cried, amazed.
Who is this one, so like God,
and yet a man like me,
Who heals our broken bodies,
and makes the sinner free?
Who is He who sears my soul
by speaking but a word,
Causing Pharisees to moan
at all that I have heard?
Could it be the Chosen One,
The One for whom we wait?
This One who has shown such love,
Surrounded by our hate?
Could it be He, Messiah,
Who makes my heart to sing,
Come to set our spirits free,
Could it be He, the King?

Could it be the King ... in your life, and in mine.  The One calling us to encounter HIM and be healed and set free.  Free from fear, old patterns, despair, habits ... everything that cripples us inside and out.  

Today, of all days, I want to bring my crippled self, my "paralyzed" friends, my family, my neighbors, and the depths of my very soul to Him.  

Let freedom ring . . . in Jesus.

0 comments: