I just got back from a week at Jr High Camp (Hume Lake) with Bethany and Joelle ... and have survived to tell! Truly though, it was a wonder-filled week filled with all kinds of NOISE and also lessons from God that spoke to my heart.
1) There’s something amazing about getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new, and wild, and full of Jesus! Jesus takes my breath away with his wonder.
2) Life is like the high ropes course. When you go Tarzan-swinging from one tree to another, and miss, your connection to the cable above (i.e., God) keeps you from crashing to the ground. And he also gives you another chance to make the leap, even when you mess up. [This one learned the hard way ... I have the scabs and bruises to prove it.]
3) In the chaos, noise, screaming, shouting, running, cheering, hollering, crying, shrieking ... God is at work. If you listen for Him, he can still be heard in the hoopla of life.
4) No matter where you are in life, God is calling you to face your fears (be it the “blob,” or the zip line, or the “leap of faith” from the tallest platform, or a sinking canoe, or a swing out into a murky pond, or just getting know someone new . . .) and live in His freedom.
5) God gives rest to those He loves ... take it when you can get it!