Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Poems for Your Journey


Hi Friends,

I downloaded a new app yesterday that lets me read some of my old WordPerfect files.  Among them I found some poems that encouraged me on my day-to-day journey with God.  

So, if you're on a journey with God today, if you're not sure exactly where he's leading, if you're facing the dangers of life in an imperfect world, read on . . .

WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
Where do I go from here?
I often pray
For the path seems dark
And I cannot see.
Before me is fog and confusion.
Where do I go from here?
But then I take a step,
And that one step is illuminated.
Then another.
More light.
And another.
Until the path is lit,
One step at a time.

TAKE MY HAND
"Take my hand, child,"
The father says, his hand extended,
As they step from the curb
To conquer the dangers of the untamed street.
"Take my hand," he says,
Because a child must not walk alone.
The perils of the street are too great.
So the father takes hold of the child's hand,
And the child knows he is loved.
"Take my hand, child,"
The Father says, His hand extended,
As I step from the curb of comfort
To conquer the dangers of a fallen world.
"Take my hand," He says,
Because a child of God must not walk alone.
The perils of sin are too great.
So the Father takes hold of my hand,
And I know I am loved.

0 comments: