Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TODAY IS THE DAY! SHADES OF MORNING RELEASES! (Plus Special Offer!)

Hi Friends!

YAY YAY YAY! Shades of Morning officially hits the shelves today! I hope you'll all go out and buy a copy and enjoy some fun summer reading. :-)

In fact, I wanted to do something special for those of you who are willing to support me and Shades of Morning by buying a copy of the book in these first couple weeks.

Soooo, I've created a fun e-booklet entitled CRAZY KID MOMENTS: 10 Things Kids Taught Me about Life, God, and Living the Adventure. I think you'll enjoy these ten stories about kids and the lessons we can learn from them. And I hope you find that they enrich your life.

Here's how to get your free e-booklet:

1) Purchase Shades of Morning by July 3rd.
2) Send me a note via email or Facebook that says "I bought Shades of Morning at ..." and include the name of where you purchased the book.
3) Make sure to include your email address in your note.
4) I will email you your free pdf e-booklet with 10 fun Crazy Kid Moments stories. (You will just need Adobe Acrobat to read it.) I'll start emailing out the e-booklet next week.

It's that simple! You can order Shades of Morning through the pop up box on my fiction page (click "Buy this book" to see a variety of purchase options) at http://www.marloschalesky.com/books/fiction/, or you can purchase the book at your local bookstore.

And, don't forget about the fun BOOKS & BREW CUPPA Contest (described in yesterday's post) and available here: http://www.marloschalesky.com/books/fiction/contests/

And finally, here's a little bit from a recent interview about Shades of Morning, just to whet your appetite:

Q: Your books always feature a surprising twist at the end. Without giving the ending away, what can readers expect when they turn the last page?

A: My hope is that readers will catch their breath in wonder and say, “Ooo, that’s cool. That changes everything!” Personally, I love stories with surprise twists that tie into the overall theme of the book. So, for my books, my goal is to have a twist that reveals a deeper meaning in the story. I want to surprise and delight readers not just with something they didn’t see coming, but with something that allows them to see and experience the characters’ journeys in deep ways.

In the end, my real prayer is that when readers catch their breath at the ending, they’ll also catch their breath in wonder at the mystery and beauty of our vivid God. I hope the vision of Him will take their breath away. At its heart, that’s what the surprise twist is all about. That’s what Shades of Morning is all about.

0 comments: