Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Deeper Living for Everyday People -- JOIN ME!

Hi Friends!

As I'm launching my brand-new FACEBOOK PAGE (www.facebook.com/MarloSchalesky) today, I wanted to let you know what I'm hoping that page (and this blog too) will be all about, what I'm hoping we'll spend our time talking about, and mostly how these gathering places can have a unique purpose and meaning in your life and your own walk with God.

The other day I was thinking about this idea of THE DEEPER LIFE. After all, I don't want to be shallow. Who does?! I want to see God more vividly, experience Him more fully, view my life and others as He does. I want richness, depth, insight, wisdom, and a walk that changes me into the person He created me to be. I want to live a life of wonder at his beauty.

But in real life, there are dirty diapers, cars that break down, too long to-do lists, laundry, screaming kids, work trouble, health trouble, family trouble, friend trouble, and a million other things that push and pull, mold and shape. It's not all beauty and walks across the sand and watching sunsets. Life is messy.

So depth, I think, needs to be like those old tennis shoes you wear around every day, the ones that are comfortable, conform to your feet, are uniquely yours. The shoes you grab first and don't want to take off. Depth can't be the fancy, stiff shoes you pull out for weddings and funerals - the ones that look good but you hate to actually wear 'em.

And that means that a deep life with God has to be possible for us "regular folks," not just for monks, nuns, esoteric types, and the mystics who have been dead for centuries. After all, most of us aren't monks, nuns, or dead guys. We're just regular, everyday people who want to go deeper.

So, what do you say? Shall we dive into the depths of God together ... in our everyday lives ... lives that have pain, disappointments, and difficulties, but also have fun, humor, and irony? Lives that are real ... where God is real, where He becomes vivid, where all things (dark, bright, heavy, light) are tools to help us grow deeper.

If that's what you're looking for, then this blog and the new Facebook page is the place for you. Feel free to comment, wrestle, muse, ask questions, suggest topics, and be yourself. You're welcomed!

And in the meantime, invite others to join you and become a part of the page and our journey together. All are welcome, whether you've been walking with God for 50 years, or you're just curious about what deeper living might mean for you.

All you need is a desire to grow deeper ... in everyday life. Let's walk together . . .

FIND MY NEW FACEBOOK PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/MarloSchalesky
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER where I'll be talking (in very short bursts ;-)!) about this same topic: http://twitter.com/MarloSchalesky

0 comments: