Welcome to the blog of author Marlo Schalesky!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

7 Random Things

Hi Friends!

My incredible website designer, Kelli Standish, tagged me the other day for 7 Random Things. So, I'm supposed to post 7 random things about myself to my blog for y'all to read. So, here you go:

1) I once helped build a church in a small village in Madagascar. We built the church out of re-mud bricks, put together with mud. It was the first church the villagers had ever had.

2) I was a cheerleader in 7th and 8th grade. Go Newcastle Knights!

3) I got a horse, Hustling Hobo, when I was 9. I paid for him with my own money that I'd been saving since I was little.

4) I've been a licensed minister in the Church of the Nazarene.

5) I can eat A LOT of pepperoni pizza.

6) My hubby and I have been married almost 19 years. It took 11 years of infertility before we had a baby. We now have 4 girls (yay!) and so far have also had 5 miscarriages (ugh!).

7) I am a really, really awful singer. But that didn't stop me from helping my hubby with worship leading some years ago when we were co-pastoring a small Nazarene church. It also doesn't stop me from singing worship songs at my current church, to the chagrin of the people around me.

0 comments: